- ZOMG z-index < 0 == forms disabled. NOW I KNOW. #
- I can't believe I spent so much time on such a stupid bug. Guess I should have dinner now that I've finally sorted that out. #
- Bull Terriers are the ugly cars of the dog world, I guess? Love em or hate them? They look kinda like capybaras, and everyone loves them. #
- @caseorganic The idea people WANTING ads is completely foreign to me. Personally, I'd prefer irrelevant ads as they are easier to ignore. in reply to caseorganic #
- Photo: Sounds like you want it to be ten years ago… (@rbuels) http://tumblr.com/xp72zg087n #
- Photo: › Mario We Are All Very Concerned About You http://tumblr.com/xp72zivqbq #
- Listening to people talk about flame retardant materials forever bonded to the human genome. Smirking. (@rbuels) #
- @rbuels EVERY HUMAN FOREVER FLAME RETARDS in reply to rbuels #
- OH: "My NEXT house I would like to be out in the country. The biggest house I can afford. OF COURSE." #dailydeathtoamerica #
- @mkuklis I wish they kept score. I would have gotten so many achievements! in reply to mkuklis #
- Apparently some Mac users actually believe the 'Cloud' is just one computer center somewhere. People: this is not true: http://xkcd.com/908/ #
- The mean age of the people in this Mac User Group is probably about 55. They are mostly bitching with Guy Kawasaki about kids these days. #
- Twitter? How the fuck does that shit work? It's a fucking miracle. #
- @ahockley I can't be arsed to dig through that shit site for pictures. What's the mean age there? 75? in reply to ahockley #
- @ahockley We're surrounded by fucking miracles. Everywhere you look! Twitter, yahoo, electricity… in reply to ahockley #
- I see someone biking on Burnside and 39th at night, with no headlights or reflectors, and I wonder: do they want to die? #
Mario We Are All Very Concerned About You
Your daily Death to America is that I just had to debunk Lamarckian genetic theory to a group of educated American adults. Fuck this gay earth.
Sounds like you want it to be ten years ago… (@rbuels)
- @merrickmonroe Social anxiety- not wanting to have someone talk to you if you go inside, unless the stuff inside is worth dealing with that. in reply to merrickmonroe #
- I'm ready for my robotic body now, please. #
- @kneedull Ray Kurwell wants backup copies of himself to live forever. Right now, I'd settle for my back not hurting. in reply to kneedull #
- @kneedull That doesn't do me any good right now. What do I need a back for, anyway? in reply to kneedull #
I wish I had done this for past years, but I guess there’s no better time than the present to start!
Movies I saw in the theatre: Shutter Island, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story 3, Inception, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The Social Network, Tangled, Tron: Legacy 3D, Black Swan
Movie that made me cry the most: Toy Story 3
Favorite movie of the year: Black Swan
Still want to catch in the theatre: I Love You Phillip Morris, Blue Valentine
Waiting for Netflix: Love and Other Drugs, The Kids are All Right, Nowhere Boy, Paranormal Activity 2, Let Me In
CDs I received/bought this year: She & Him - Volume 2
Concerts I attended: Julian Casablancas, Imogen Heap, She & Him
Favorite live performance of the year: Imogen Heap, although She & Him are very, very close behind
Places I visited this year: Las Vegas, Gatlinburg, Atlanta
Games I received/bought this year: Final Fantasy XIII, Just Dance 2
Games I beat this year: Dragon Age: Origins
Older games that I tried to pick up again this year: Lost Odyssey, The Sims 3
Favorite console game of the year: Dragon Age: Origins
Favorite iPhone game of the year: Angry Birds
New local restaurants I tried this year: Bosco’s, Sweet Cece’s, Allium, McDougal’s, Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake Co., Chuy’s, Pizza Perfect, Diana’s, Pfunky Griddle, Five Guys, Swanky’s Taco Shop, Cafe Coco, Rita’s
Favorite new eatery of the year: Sweet Cece’s
Coolest new dining experience: Pfunky Griddle
Current food-related mayorships on foursquare: Cheeseburger Charley’s, Chick-fil-A, Little Caesar’s, Manny’s House of Pizza [recently lost SATCO and another Little Caesar's...]
Number of times I ate at Melting Pot: four
Biggest local news event of the year: the flood!
Where I was when the rains came: at the Sheraton Music City, attending MTAC
Clearly the theme for 2010 was “dinner and a movie”! Any other categories you can think of?
Congratulations everyone on a great KDE 4.5 release!
Those of you who are in the Washington DC Metro area are invited to celebrate on Saturday August 21st at Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring, MD at 7:00PM. Bring your geeky, open source, and K-curious friends (those of the Gnome persuasion are also welcome).
Please RSVP to celeste at kde dot org so I can reserve an appropriately large table.