[Courses] [FS] Hello

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Wed Jul 2 11:06:22 EST 2003

Hey again,

In fact, I very much did explicitly ask for these "hello" posts, and
they've helped immensely with guaging reactions. Personally, I'd like
to have this continue throughout the course, with everyone responding
at least once to each lesson (as suggested in my introductory mail), as
it's nice to feel where your "pupils" are at, and how fast they're
assimilating the material.

In general, if you're subscribed to the entire courses list, but aren't
particularly interested in this one, and the large amounts of traffic
it's generating, then head over to the subscription options page for
courses (linked from the website under "mailing lists"), and subscribe
to explicit topics rather than generally to the list.

Addressing this issue specifically: Personally, I have a phat pipe, a
threaded mail client, and a willingness to use either until they creak
:^) People missing one or more of the above are going to find my
mass-participation approach irritating. This is a problem.

One solution would be for all the "hello" mails and pure-confirmation
mails with no other content than "I understood this completely" to be
sent straight to me via private email. Poll - who feels that this would
be worthwhile? Or do you not mind it staying on the list? Please email
me *privately* (avoid annoying people even more :^) ) - answers on a
postcard to meredydd at everybuddy.com...

Meredydd