[Jobposts] Full Stack Developer with Bacarai, a Travel Tech Startup

Cait Busscher cait at bacarai.com
Wed Apr 24 14:53:38 UTC 2019

*At Bacarai, we are transforming travel through automation, allowing
airlines to connect with group customers online.*

We believe that fantastic people and a diverse team take a company from
good to great. We want to find people with diverse backgrounds and
experience to make our team amazing.

*What we’ll do:*

Group airfare is a huge industry that is done offline. We are looking for a
diverse team of coders who will help us build an online marketplace for
airlines’ group departments. We will help airlines automate their group
sales processes and publish offers and contracts online.

This means, if you join our team, you have to love a fast-paced environment
that requires working with airlines to integrate new technology with their
legacy systems. We love and rely on our airline partners, so
professionalism while working with outside companies is a must. You won’t
find a lot of micro-managing here, but you will find a lot of teamwork. If
you are a strong decision maker who gets along with others, this could be a
great place for you. And, since this is a startup, come ready for
challenges and triumphs—if you are a creative thinker who wants to work on
a complex problem, this could be your chance to thrive!

And, it’s worth noting, we only want to work with kind, respectful,
enthusiastic people.

*What you’ll do:*

You will be working with a team of Bacarai developers and with our airline
partners’ technical teams to model processes and build an online
marketplace. The job may require travel. Bacarai is a tech startup based in
Orlando, FL.

*Senior Fullstack Developer*
We are looking for a senior full stack developer with experience
architecting and shipping web applications, enterprise web entities, and
client side implementations utilizing industry standard frameworks and
technology stacks. All applications should provide links to either an
online portfolio, samples of previous work, or links to code repositories.

Ultimately, we are looking to create a balanced development team whose
members are self-starters, self-motivated, organized and have a healthy
desire for a challenge. All applicants must be able to work daily at our
office in Orlando, Fl, though we maintain a flexible remote work policy.

*Requirements:*

   - Experience working and collaborating with teams
   - Must write elegant, maintainable, and performant code
   - Javascript Mastery
   - You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
   - Expertise with supporting web frameworks: React, Angular JS, Vue,
   jQuery and Sass, etc..
   - Proficient in MongoDB and MySQL
   - Must be able to ideate and prototype multiple solutions for a problem
   - Proficiency in one or more backend languages and supporting frameworks
   - Uses Git effectively
   - Understanding of Agile Principles
   - Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
   - Must know how create tests and debug both codebases and environment
   configuration issues
   - Strong willingness to learn new technology
   - Prefer 6-8 years working professionally in Web Development

*Bonus: *

   - Understanding of best security practices
   - You’ve practiced Continuous Integration
   - You have written API documentation
   - Comfortable leading product development
   - BS in Computer Science or related field
   - Experience with the following: Python/Django, PHP/Laravel, MEVN or
   MEAN stacks

*What you’ll get:*

Our employees will enjoy flexible hours, health care benefits, flexible
vacation leave, a fun and inclusive work environment, and the opportunity
to work on an exciting, potentially industry disrupting company. Total
compensation packages will be in the range of $51-65k, inclusive of stock
options as early employees.

Our team is excited to create the first group airfare marketplace, which
has already received a lot of international attention. Our job isn’t easy,
but it will be a lot of fun. We can’t wait to meet the team who will help
bring it to life!

*Cait Busscher*
*Communications Director*
Bacarai--a travel tech company