multiple xservers

dez dynamix at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 18 13:45:39 EST 2000

Hiya...i'm new to the list so  I guess a quick intro is in order....
My name is Desiree and I live in Perth Western Australia.
I use Linux RedHat 6.2 and Debian Slink.
Ive been into linux for about a year and tried about 12 distro's.

OK My Question is...
ages ago I happened accross a thread on a newsgroup somewhere about setting up multiple Xserver logins...
something about setting the display varible to 0.0 and 1.1 or something..
at the time I wasnt "Au Fait" with Linux. I thought Id kept the article but I cant find it.
neither can I find in anywhere it ldap etc...
and when i ask my local linux group they all tell me about alt and f2 etc...
(the terminal logins) or they ask why i want to do it...
does anyone here know how to set this up....
i.e. so you can have 2 xservers running at once and switch between them....???

Thankz in advance
desiree