[Techtalk] What I did this Christmas

Beth E. Johnson ogoshi at bellatlantic.net
Sat Dec 29 14:10:42 EST 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-28 at 08:31, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> 1.	I think that there is a conflict with the sound card and another
> device.  How do I check?  In windows, I would use the device manager
> control panel.

If Slackware has the same /proc setup that Redhat does, you can
cat /proc/pci
and
cat /proc/ioports
which gives you lots of information about your device resources.

If you get the printing up first, you can pipe these to the printer for
handy reference.

BTW, as I haven't introduced myself, I'm Beth and I still consider
myself a newbie even after 2 years of running RH.  Although, I do have a
working SAMBA setup and I've just installed CUPS and compiled and
installed GIMP-print so maybe I'm not as much of a newbie as I think.
;-)  I'm working on my A+ certification so I can do some work helping
other chix and older folks with their computers in a way that doesn't
make them feel stupid and inadequate.

regards,
Beth
--