[Techtalk] procmail & mutt

Sam Watkins sam at myinternet.com.au
Sat Oct 13 19:39:46 EST 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 12:36:54AM +1000, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Try a different approach to mail downloading to see if that helps. The
> program 'fetchmail' is the solution I'd suggest - it is very sane

Yes.  I use fetchmail + procmail + sendmail + mutt at work.  I think
postfix is a bit easier to configure than sendmail (but I don't know how
to do it yet!).  Who knows how to get postfix to rewrite an outgoing
email address (e.g. sam at sam.internal... to sam at myinternet.com.au), but still
deliver local mail properly?  I glanced at Jeremy's notes on luv but
didn't find the answer.