[Techtalk] Administration (no flames?)

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Thu Aug 29 11:39:19 EST 2002

When I posted that message warning about going overboard on security, I was
quite aware that a lot of managers try to do stupid things. I simply wanted
to point out that most users aren't programmers and don't appreciate
complicated security measures. I would go even further to say that we
should be patient with the accountant down the hall that doesn't know
anything about computers, because I certainly don't know anything about
accounting. If he doesn't know, he has to learn, but we don't have to use
LARTs and clue-by-fours.

Also, I was wondering how people would respond. I quite appreciated the
lack of allusions to my personal life, my mother, my pets, etc. In other
words, I'm glad that nobody flamed me. That's one nice thing about the
LinuxChix list.