[Techtalk] Considering an OS change

Jennifer Davis davi0302 at algonquinc.on.ca
Thu Apr 17 12:44:09 EST 2003

As much as I like ^H^H^H^H love Slackware, I find that I have less time to
manage it and was thinking of running an easier OS for my router pc and
maybe the desktop and also to see Linux done differently.  I was pondering
Redhat 9 or Mandrake 9.1.  I guess I was wondering if there were things
that I should know beforehand that will make a switchover easier.  I have
always been iffy on using Mandrake as a server.  Are my feelings
irrational?

I have 3 users inside the network and about 10 remotely and I plan to use
the router to do masquerading, webserving, mail database, remote shell &
ftp.

--
Jennifer S. Davis
Computer Programming, 1st year