The duties of the LinuxChix Coordinators, known as the Tres Chix, are to encourage participation in LinuxChix and ensure that it remains a safe and welcoming community for women in Linux.
Specific duties include:
- Keep LinuxChix on track and ensure that it remains true to its vision.
- Approve new projects under the LinuxChix banner
- Encourage volunteers, manage communication, direct traffic. Prevent anyone from becoming a gatekeeper.
- Keep track of who's supposed to be doing what, and if someone vanishes, organise a replacement.
- Delegate: make sure there are enough volunteers to take care of the organization.
- Lay down the law if contentious issues come up: ultimately the coordinators are the last stop in any dispute resolution chain, the ones responsible for fixing problems.
- Be the public face of Linuxchix.
- LinuxChix Coordinators (2007 or a little before)
- What Does the Coordinator Do? An older document by Jenn Vesperman (2004?).
- Building and Maintaining an International Volunteer Linux Community, a paper submitted to Usenix by Jenn Vesperman (2004).