The jobposts list is where job advertisements are sent. This allows people looking for Linux and computer specialists to advertises jobs to the LinuxChix community without sending advertisements to our main lists. The only mails accepted for this list are job advertisements and announcements about changes to the list itself: no discussion is allowed.
Guidelines for jobposts readers
If you're a jobposts subscriber you should keep in mind the following:
- Jobposts ads are moderated, but we only check that the ad looks like a job ad. We don't check the legitimacy of the ad. Exercise normal caution.
- Please do not contact advertisers unless you are an applicant or potential applicant. Advertisers have complained that they get recruiting services contacting them after posting to jobposts — don't do this. If they needed a recruiter's help, they would have posted asking for a recruiter, not an employee.
Guidelines for jobposts advertisers
Please note that we do not accept job wanted postings, we only accept advertisements for jobs, not for people who want jobs.
Who may post ads
Advertisements may be posted by any one of:
- the hiring company itself or any of its employees; or
- recruiters acting on behalf of the hiring company.
Contents of ad
Please make sure your mail follows these guidelines. Advertisements not following them may be rejected.
- Your ad must be for a position currently accepting applications.
- You may post either a full advertisement to the list, or a link to an advertisement on a webpage or job board.
- Advertisements must contain:
- the position title [in the Subject line please];
- the name of the company at which the position is open;
- the geographical location of the position;
- the name of the recruiting company if any;
- the name of the person posting the ad; and
- the requirements applicants must address in their application.
Invitations to contact the advertiser directly for any of this information are not allowed as a substitute for this information.
- Jobposts postings must be plain text or HTML email with no attachments. We cannot approve attachments because they are large, and may contain content types (such as Microsoft Word documents) that can be dangerous to subscribers who can read them and irritating to those who can't. We will not approve attachments for distribution to our subscribers.
- Jobposts postings should not contain advertising or promotional material for recruiting services, job boards or anything else that isn't directly related to the advertised position.
- Linuxchix is an international organization, so try to make sure that you've answered the following questions in your post:
- Which country are you in?
- Will you take international applicants?
- Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country?
- Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package?
- Can we telecommute?
- The moderators are English speakers. If you want to post a job ad in a language that isn't English, please put a note at the top of your ad in English briefly summarising the job, and/or provide a full English translation of the ad. Otherwise the admins may mistake your message for the non-English spam we regularly receive.
How to post an ad
Simply email your advertisement to jobposts.
Please write your email directly for the readers, as we pass it directly to them. There is no need to include any hi, can you please approve this or I would like to post this ad text, as it is difficult for us to remove it before sending the ad on.
You will receive a message saying that your mail is held for moderation. This is normal. When your message is approved it will appear in the archives.
Contacting the jobposts moderators
If you have any questions about jobposts, please email the moderators at